Overhead Crane Loading and Unloading
PPE must be worn in this area!
Reverse wagon into works - Banksman controlled
- Check load / bundle can be lifted safely without affecting stability of other items on wagon
- Do not get onto back of wagon. Only wagon driver is allowed on back of truck to attach slings / chains
- Check steelwork can be lifted off with the capacity of crane and slinging equipment - and specifically without driver intervention on the back of the truck
- Ensure load is clear of driver prior to lifting
- If load snags - STOP . Lower the steelwork and re-examine load. Reposition load. Ensure driver is clear of working area.
- After unloading - ensure remaining load is stable and to the drivers satisfaction.
- Make clear to driver the number of bundles / items
- Load the truck bed as directed by the driver
- Ensure at all times that the driver is clear of the load as it is being loaded onto the truck
- Ensure that the load is stable after loading and will allow safe unloading by others
- Check that all items are loaded and that the driver has signed for all items
We punch holes or slots in stainless steel or mild steel plates. The Punched Holes diameter must be greater than the plate thickness. Holes less than the plate thickness must be drilled - please contact the Sales Desk for a price
Delivery and manufacturing lead times. Depending upon the size of the order we aim to despatch goods within 2-5 working days. Carriage cost depends upon the size and weight of the order, and the delivery address postcode.